Friday 8 January 2016

10 Things I Wish I Knew When I Started Blogging

Hey lovelies! This post is literally what is says in the tin : this is all about the Things I Wish I Knew When I Started Blogging! This post will cover everything that I wish I knew when I started.




IT'S NOT EASY

When I started blogging like a lot of other people I thought that it was going to be so easy and I was so wrong. It's definetly not easy and it does take time : you need to have a schedule, upload regularly and build a readership. You do need to fit in the blog around your life, no matter what anyone says : or else it will not work.

TWITTER CHATS

I actually wish someone told me about these chats when I started blogging as they are a massive help to get advice, build up a readership and even make blogging friends. These chats happen every day of the week and they're a lot of different faces in each of them.

PROMOTION

Promotion is key with a blog : I have no clue how people did it without any of the social media platforms that there is right now. Promotion on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter will help your blog a lot, especially if you join groups and use hashtags.

BITCHINESS

I wish someone would tell me all about the bitchiness and drama that was in the blogging world before I join as I would have prepared myself but by god, it's pretty bad. If you don't like drama : don't get involved because it can get pretty bad and intense pretty quickly.

THEME

You really need to have a theme of your blog with what you're going to post and even your theme on your blog. The theme on your blog needs to be easy to navigate and easy on the eyes. You don't need to stick to one theme of posts to do as everyone like's different niches : post whatever theme's you want too.

BE YOURSELF

If you don't be yourself, people are going to realise that it's not you. Everyone is welcome into the blogging community : no matter how different you are. You also don't want to be a copycat and be like someone else : be yourself and people will like you for you, not for the person that you're not.

FACEBOOK GROUPS

I know I go on about these Facebook groups a lot but I do wish I knew about these sooner. These groups are an amazing way to build up relationships with brands, bloggers and even building up readerships. There are a lot of different groups to join and a lot of a lot of different benefits.

KEEP A RECORD OF POST IDEAS

An idea for a post can come on at any time and if you keep a record on your phone or a notepad, you can go back to it when you need to write a post. No matter what the idea is, write it down and even keep it for a future post : you don't need to use it straight away. 

LEARN TO CODE

This is a must : which I definetly didn't know when I started. Once you have a blog, you need to be able to code (html) as it comes into most things you will be doing : writing blog posts, designing your blog and much more.

BREAKS ARE OK

No matter how hard life is, you don't need to post on your blog or even if you don't have any content ready you don't need to. You are allowed to take breaks : everyone will understand if you do, it's part of life.






4 comments:

  1. Good piece! I think, as a newbie blogger, the hardest thing is to find the right groups and the right chats! If you have any suggestions it's would be much appreciated 😊

    Love your blog xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tips found it so useful and as a newbie I find networking so hard and promoting :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a very interesting post. I am starting and I have already realised some of these aspects. Thanks for sharing!

    Mika | La French Connection

    ReplyDelete
  4. All really valid points and ideas :) I wish I'd know about the twitter chats sooner! Tania xx taniamichele.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete